Thursday

A new rug, coaching assessments and early mornings


 
Picnic has been treated to a new rug as she was getting fed up of wearing an old waffle at shows that had a few too many extra air holes in it, she looks rather smart in it and it couldn't have come at a better time after all the bad weather we've had she drys off nicely in her new coolex after a hard workout in the rain.  Rain is the main theme of the week ... or year!!!  but it has its advantages as Picnic has been able to enjoy hydrotherapy sessions right outside the front gate where what used to be the lane once was.  The school has had no chance of keeping up with the amount of water as it is flowing in from the fields and the drainage pipe is submerged under water, thankfully the surface has not floated away but as you can see we have our own water complex that my 4 year old Socks was investigating, but once the water level goes down it drains very quickly so schooling can resume!



This week was assessment time for my UKCC2 and after it beng such a long time since I did my BHSAI or any exams for that matter I was a little nervous to be in front of an examiner again!  After a very early start of half four in the morning my horses were all shocked to see me and even more so when I threw them out in the field when they were tucked up warm in their stables quite happily.  I made my way down to Dorset and had a successful day, I actually enjoyed the assessment lesson and the two riders I had were lovely.  I had excellent feedback from both the assessor and riders which is a real confidence boost for my next step to my BHS Intermediate teaching and UKCC3 which I hope to take early in 2013, now all I have to do is find lots of guinea pigs to practise on over the winter to perfect my lunge lessons :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment