Wednesday

Staying positive when nothing goes to plan

This year is turning out to be a very slow starter, every time we are ready to get out and show off all our hard work and training over the winter something happens which prevents us and we start back at square one!  Some things are within our control and some things are not but either way you need to be able to quickly make a slight detour to take the 'scenic route' on your way to achieving your goals.

So with no competitions for the Showjumpingshire I have lots of extra time on my hands as nearly all my horses are out of work for one reason or another and I am using it as an opportunity to develop 'me'.  I have joined a gym, designed my own website and nearly completed my UKCC portfolio for submission.  I thought rather than turn into a green eyed monster as everyone else goes off in their lorries loaded with horses to competitions I would remain positive and focus on myself so I am fit and ready for action when my horses are.

First step was a website which I have kept meaning to do but never got round to it, I still have some small changes to make but this is the first draft www.ksequestrian.co.uk



Next step was to get fit and I am trying to get to the gym three times a week and include some classes and swimming, its going well so far noticing a big difference from the work on core strength although finding Bodypump a killer!

I am also using the extra time to study and create an action plan for completing my BHSII but still trying to work out financially if it is better to go straight in at UKCC3 show jumping specific, its a hard decision as it depends which would be a more recognised achievement, I am leaning towards the BHS route as I feel it covers all three disciplines but they are quite expensive so I need to be sure I've made the right decision.

Update on the Showjumping Shire... For the moment Picnic is just on walking exercise slowly building up her workload and praying she stays sound!  Unfortunately she went lame in front and was reluctant to go forwards freely so after some physio she now seems a lot happier in herself, she was very tight in her shoulder and neck but time will tell if its done the trick and she's got another session due in a few weeks if all is well otherwise it will be a vet visit... lets hope not!





No comments:

Post a Comment